Foxhills Federation Curriculum Statement 2022 - 2023
What is our curriculum offer?
Our intent is for children to embed our CLEAR values during their time at Foxhills Junior school.
Our Values underpin our curriculum
We treat each other and property with respect. We keep ourselves physically and emotionally safe and healthy.
WE know learning helps us grow by doing more and knowing more. We learn and challenge ourselves in different ways to reach our goals.
We value and enjoy all learning opportunities and experiences. We are practive members of our learning communities.
We set high expectations of ourselves and always give our best. We take pride in all we do and celebrate our efforts.
We embarce our next steps in learning. We find ways and seek to do things better next time.
Our ambitions for every child
We have high ambition for all children in our school and our curriculum reflects this, enabling each and every child to;
- grow sound social, moral and cultural attitudes,
- learn how to keep themselves safe, both in and out of school,
- develop transferable skills that will support their future learning and employment,
- value learning opportunities and become a life-long learner,
- be a critical thinker,
- use their voice to speak up for their rights and equalities, and against discrimination,
- excel in reading, writing, mathematics and science,
- develop a wide understanding of the world in which they live.
Our curriculum Intent for children with SEND
- to learn contribute and participate in all aspects of school life alongside their peers,
- to provide additional opportunities,
- to enrich the experiences of all children with SEND,
- to actively promote social and emotional aspects of learning which develop personal growth and independence,
- to ensure the curriculum is matched to the needs of all learners with reasonable adjustments and differentiation where required,
- to ensure a safe and accessible environment for all children,
- to identify children with SEND as early as possible so needs can be addressed,
- to work collaboratively with parents and outside agencies to ensure the best outcomes for children with SEND,
- to ensure transition between key stages and within school year groups is smooth and successful
How we create our curriculum
Our rich and diverse curriculum is formed through using a combination of;
- the statutory National Curriculum,
- integrated Projects we create, and
- everything else that happens in school, (from early morning clubs through to after-school activities, including break times, assemblies, trips, visitors, sports and clubs).
How we implement our curriculum
Our curriculum is implemented through;
- An EPIC approach to learning;
Enquiry-led - children are active partners in their learning.
Purposeful - learning is meaningful and there is an end goal.
Innovative - learning is personalised to meet children’s needs.
Challenging - the pitch, pace and standards of learning are right for each individual child.
- Providing children with a rich and varied range of learning experiences in a broad range of subjects, which enables them to acquire new knowledge and skills (see Project-led learning).