What is your child up to on-line?
Do you know what your child is doing on-line?
Signs to watch out for.
- become very secretive, especially about what they are doing online
- are spending a lot of time on the internet and social media
- are switching screens on their device when you approach
- are angry or withdrawn after using the internet or sending messages
- have lots of new phone numbers or email addresses on their devices
If adults are concerned or have any questions on how to approach the subject of discussing safe on-line use with their children, they can contact the NSPCC Helpline on 0808 800 5000 or visit the NSPCC website. Children who are worried about their activity on apps or online games can contact Childline 24 hours a day, online and over the phone on 0800 1111.